Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aaron Michael Best is Here!



We have a happy healthy baby boy. He was born on Thursday Oct. 2 at 11:01 AM weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 inches long.

Here is the birth story for those who would like more details...

After having a procedure to "jump start" things at our 39 week appointment on Wednesday afternoon, regular contractions started at about 11:30 that night. I woke Cooper up around 12:30 AM when I realized they were here to stay this time. (I had been in "pre-labor" since the previous Friday which was the reason for the "jumpstarting".) We left for the hospital around 1:45 AM and arrived at the Labor and Delivery Triage Center. We didn't spend very long there as my blood pressure shot through the roof and I was already at 5 cm. They whisked us upstairs to the delivery room where things went pretty quickly until the end from there, but it was a bit of an eventful delivery. My water finally broke around 5:30 AM/8 cm. The baby and I developed a rare amniotic infection that caused a high fever in both of us and Aaron's heart rate dropped twice, but through all of this we managed to avoid a c-section and other interventions several times with the help of two very patient and caring doctors and kind nurses. Aaron was born at 11:01 AM.

On our way to the hospital, we called my parents in Houston who managed to get on a plane and make it to St. Joseph's just before Aaron was born. They are here now and I am very thankful for their support and help.

We stayed in the hospital until Saturday evening for monitoring and everything went very well. He is eating well and is a sweet, happy, and healthy little guy. Cooper jumped right in and was an amazing support throughout labor and delivery and has been wonderful in taking care of Aaron, who, by the way, looks just like Dad! We are all doing very well.

1 comment:

Lilyan said...

Oh my I did not know you had posted to the blog!!!!! These are super photos. I will bring MuMu over tomorrow to see them. Love Tantsi